Tax and The Business Woman
HMRC Partner Products and Services
HMRC know that most Small & Medium Enterprises want to get things right but may need help to do so. We particularly want to help customers as they face key business life events, including starting in business, taking on an employee, registering for VAT, importing/ exporting and incorporation. To aid this our Partner Service offers:
- Webinars – These are tailored online presentations for your members that can be run weekly/ monthly/ quarterly, depending on the numbers attending, as part of a regular programme or as ‘pick and mix days’, if you’re running an event over a day. You can choose the subject(s) from our extensive menu of options and, as they’re live, your customers can interact with HMRC and ask questions.
- Regular and varied communications – These will include;
- Key Messages which feature important and widespread information from across HMRC.
- Information emails, these link to help and support for a particular or timely theme, for example Self Assessment or the Budget, or to new or topical services and products.
Our products include:
- E-learning packages for self- employed customers and employers. Starting your own business for the self-employed covers all aspects of starting and growing a business. Becoming an employer deals with taking on and paying employees. Thousands of businesses have already used these and found they’re a great way of learning.
- A range of webinars. These enable customers to attend a seminar at a time to suit them. We have both live and pre-recorded webinars covering a range of topics. Customer feedback tells us that these are a good way to get started.
- A selection of short videos on YouTube covering subjects such as Registering as Self-Employed, PAYE, Record Keeping and Construction Industry. These are a really useful way to get a quick overview on various subjects.
- Business help and education emails is a free service to provide customers with emails from HMRC that are tailored to their needs. They are designed to help customers understand what they need to do and how to get it right first time.
- Record keeping for mobile devices will enable customers to access apps to help make life a little easier for busy people on the go. A ready reckoner is also available to help customers budget for their first tax bill and our tax help fact sheets are a good source of straightforward guidance that customers can download from our website.
- @HMRC Business Help is a Twitter account designed to provide help to business. We tweet about our educational products, upcoming tax matters and online guidance. Followers can also ask us general queries via twitter, but we cannot discuss any individual’s specific tax issues.
- Business Support Tax App allows access to all the above via your tablet or mobile device: Apple i-store or Google play
Further links for you include;
Tax for HABIA This one is for the Hair and Beauty Industry.
Becoming an employer deals with taking on and paying employees.
Letting out a property is great for new landlords.
Business expenses for the Self-employed – covering all aspects of starting and growing a business.
VAT – Getting started for traders who are working out if they need to register for VAT.
VAT – How VAT works for essential information once you’re registered.
Would you like your business promoted here? You can have your logo and contact information included on every page of this site with a link to your business for £200 through to the end of 2017! We were named as one of the top 15 resources in the UK for female entrepreneurs by 99 Designs in 2016. Would you like to get in front of our audiences?
Get Free Hints and Tips
Take your business to the next level!